Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Maybe the second to the last Greetings from Geneva?

Hello Family!

I'm just letting you know straight up that this might not be the longest, most adventure-filled email that I've ever written. I couldn't think of many extraordinary things that happened to me this week, and I don't even have my camera with me to send any pictures. Man! I let Elder Mason borrow my camera because he lost his (and all of his mission pictures...one week before he goes home. Sad, eh?) so we will have to wait until next week for some pictures. But don't worry, I took out the memory card with all my pictures on there and put a blank one in, so even if he loses mine, my pictures are safe... haha he won't lose mine.

Anyways, it is the last week of the transfer and we have a lot of potentially incredible things planned. Well, I am mostly thinking of one. There are these two cute little girls that have been coming to church with their mother (all three of them are not members) and we haven't taught them except a little bit at church. But we asked Victoria and Mikaela, the girls, on Sunday if they wanted us to teach them so the could get baptized and they really want to. So we are meeting with the three of them tomorrow and we are going to try and set a baptismal date... for maybe this Saturday. Bah! They've come to church a lot, and they are children, so they are super receptive, so the only thing is making sure the parents are both ok with it (the mom is, I'm not sure about the dad) and being able to teach them everything in a few days. We will see, eh? Plus it is in Spanish, so I am super nervous.

There is already a baptism in the Spanish ward this Saturday. It is a man named Carlos, from Chile. The other sisters found him probably about 6 weeks ago, and he is great. But he asked Sister Cutler and I to say the prayers at his baptism, so we must practice this week haha. I can pray all right, but it isn't super eloquent. Also, we (Sister Cutler and I, the Spanish elders, the Salève elders, and the other Geneva sisters) are singing at his baptism. We're singing Divina Luz (Lead Kindly Light) and I think it will be really nice. I LOVE baptisms! And if we could have those two little girls and their mom get baptized the same day, it will be outstanding! Oooh we will see.

So right now I am sitting at the internet cafe at the train station in my running clothes because right after this we are going to run to the church (it's only probably a mile and a half away haha) and have a ping pong tournament with the elders. Normally we aren't supposed to do activities with the elders, but President gave us permission, so it should be fun. We only have one ping pong table though... hmm. But I will be able to put my Forrest Gump training into action... I will let you know how it goes.

Hey guess what? General Conference is in just a few weeks. Do any of you have plans to go? I can't wait. Also, what day is Easter this year? And Mothers day? I don't know anything haha.

So I know that baseball season is starting up soon. When does (did?) Giants spring training start? And when does Cougar baseball start? Will yall keep me updated on that? Maybe send me a hotdog or a cougar tail every once in awhile? OH speaking of cougars, Sister Cutler and I saw a little headline in the newspaper here that said that cougars (or maybe just a certain kind of them) are extinct... what?? That would be a sad thing. My reaction to that, though, was "just go to the Sacramento river trail in Redding..." Anyways, I thought it was interesting.

Well, I love you all. Sorry again that this was a miniscule email with little information in it. I promise you a remarkable one next week. Have a great week! I love you!

Love,
ALLIE

P.S. Dad are you getting these emails on your home email address now, or still just the store one?

No comments:

Post a Comment